Interviewed by Kathleen Young
1. I see you live in South Carolina. Are you a native of the state? What's your favorite thing about living there?
I love South Carolina. I love that the mountains are at my fingertips and the beaches are a few hours away. I love our provocative past. I love our perfect seasons; cold winters, gorgeous springs, hot summers, and crisp falls. I love Moon pies with Pepsi, Palmettos, and Crescents, but my most favorite thing about living in Greenville, South Carolina is the people. Tradition and hospitality rise to the occasion. And there’s always an occasion.
2. How did you come to work at your current job and why?
I currently have three jobs. I am the Vice-President of Cake Squared Inc., a brand new designer cake company, a frontline tech at a communications company (my frontline job supports me financially), and am currently opening an all-natural coffee bar in Historic West Greenville. Cake Squared has been incorporated less than a year and is showing great promise for success. My mother is my partner. We are artists and bakers, but first and foremost visionaries. My hope for the near future is to quit my communications job and rely solely on cake and coffee!
3. What would be your favorite film, double-feature?
My favorite film of all time is Moulin Rouge. I love the music and the art. The film’s creative license invokes and the love story inspires. I laugh, I cry. I watch again. And if I had to have a back-up it would be Tommy Boy.
4. Before blogging, what was your mode of personal expression, if any?
It’s hard to say. I’ve always liked to write things down. I paint, draw, and have dabbled in some sculpting. My roommate and I had a quote wall in our apartment where we wrote whatever we felt like and encouraged our friends to do the same. I loved that.
5. Apart from loved ones, what is your most treasured possession?
I have a Brazilian cherry headboard my dad designed and built for me. It’s unbelievably beautiful. I will always cherish it.
Here's the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.