Saturday, October 25, 2008
"This sentence is made of lead (and a sentence of lead gives a reader an entirely different sensation from one made of magnesium). This sentence is made of yak wool. This sentence is made of sunlight and plums. This sentence is made of ice. This sentence is made from the blood of the poet. This sentence was made in Japan. This sentence glows in the dark. This sentence was born with a caul. This sentence has a crush on Norman Mailer. This sentence is a wino and doesn't care who knows it. Like many italic sentences, this one has Mafia connections. This sentence is a double Cancer with a Pisces rising. This sentence lost its mind searching for the perfect paragraph. This sentence refuses to be diagrammed. This sentence ran off with an adverb clause. This sentence is 100 percent organic: it will not retain a facsimile of freshness like thoses sentences of Homer, Shakespeare, Goethe et al., which are loaded with preservatives. This sentence leaks. This sentence doesn't look Jewish... This sentence has accepted Jesus Christ as its personal savior. This sentence once spit in a book reviewer's eye. This sentence can do the funky chicken. This sentence has seen too much and forgotten too little. This sentence is called "Speedoo" but its real name is Mr. Earl. This sentence may be pregnant. This sentence suffered a split infinitive - and survivied. If this sentence has been a snake you'd have bitten it. This sentence went to jail with Clifford Irving. This sentence went to Woodstock. And this little sentence went wee wee wee all the way home. " — Tom Robbins
It's been 2.5 years since I last posted. Hard to wrap your brain around, I know.
Here is an update on La Feroce Bete:
* I'm no longer cube dwelling 40 hours a week. Nope, dropped it to 36! This all takes place in three days. The other four days are reserved for my newest endeavor, Cake Squared Inc.
* I'm still a Scorpio. My mother refused to change my birth date. Hater.
* Gas now costs more than a beer. For a while there it was, "Guinness, or a half gallon of gas?" But it's getting better. Domestic beer's taking the hit now.
*W. is sliding home.
* Marie Osmond didn't win Dancing With the Stars. In fact, she didn't win anything. So, actually, bad example. Nothing's changed there.
* While we're on the 'nothing's changed' let me add - my milkshake still brings all the boys to the yard.
*Boris Yeltsin, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes, and Heath Ledger all went to the sweet by and by in the sky.
* Britney Spears is sober. So is Sara.
*Ann Curry is still bludgeoning the news for the American public via The Today Show. While off the air, reports say, she chews her face.
Obviously, lots of things have changed since I stopped blogging. But I'm back and time can once again stand still!