Tuesday, October 18, 2005

STOP LOOKING AT ME!

So I've officially been labeled immature.
Welcome to the club, right?
Could've been worse.
I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not immature. Of course I am. We ALL are. We say to ourselves, "when I grow up..". What is grown-up? Making our beds without being asked, having a baby, voting for another "grown-up", owning a mortgage, watching R-rated movies?
I think grown-up is finally realizing that we peaked at age 12.
That's right. We may have the ability to operate heavy machinery, but acting a fool is never out of the cards. We put age limits on things so that teenagers and infants can't do them better and outshine us.
I guess you could say we have the upper hand on life experiences.
Sure. So what.
What have you really learned so far? Don't hold your pee until you wet your pants? Some of us haven't even learned that.
Citizens in my world; immaturity is around for the long haul. And I for one say fight fire with fire. Maturity is so over-rated.
The mature thing to do would be to ignore such childish behavior in prevention of falling for the ole' negative attention is better than no attention at all.
But let's face it, that's no fun....

No comments: